Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Letter #99 . . . funeral, baptism and song recording!

Happy Birthday mama! So this week has been crazy! Booth went home, 
and I was told I was going to be with the Zone leaders, but I ended up
going to the Blue Springs 1st Ward for the week. I'm right next to
Blue Springs second where I served a little over a year ago. I went
back and visited the Hubners, and the Lambs, Ahhhhh I love them so
much!

The Hills got baptized!

Other things... Bob Gordon, the man I taught with cancer, who I gave a blessing to, passed away. I was super sad. They asked me to come and dedicate the grave, but I wasn't able to make it because it was too far away. :(


The Hills, the family of five I worked a bit with in my last ward, got baptized, and I got to go see it! Lauritsen and I accompanied the
congregation doing come thou fount as an opening hymn. Lauritsen was on the cello.  Click here to listen to the audio of the song.


I talked to the Hubners and I'm going to do a Youth Fireside for the
Independence Stake on the 20th talking about the power of good music,
and how it can bring the spirit into our lives.


So there's this girl in our Ward, she's 17, and she showed us a cool
song she wrote, singing and playing ukulele, when we were at dinner. I
played a piano part along with it and their fam was freakin out!
Haha it was fun! She wrote it for a Netflix movie that's going to be
released in Mexico! They asked if we could come help produce the song
and record some piano and stuff in a recording studio. We got
permission from President Love and spent some time in a studio
recording this song! It was so dang fun hahaha. Never thought I'd be
able to do that on a mission. :) I'll send you the song! 


(Click on these links to watch clips of their recording session: #1 clip,  #2 clip,  #3 clip, and #4 clip.
 
Time is sure going blazin' fast. Man! Just trying to enjoy it while I can!

So happy that Grandpa's happy! Sure love him!! Wish I could've been there!


Love y'all!


Tan


- Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment