Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Letter #28 . . . just transferred to Independence!

Twinner glasses with new comp, Elder Ellsworth
Hey All,

I just got transferred to Independence and it is great! I was ready to leave Hickory Hills. I needed a change, I wasn't progressing in that situation. Independence is a pretty big town. It's got an even balance of rich and not rich areas. Our apartment is great! My new comp, Elder Ellsworth has been out 14 months.  He is awesome. So much charity, such a good guy. Come to find, He has previously been diagnosed with Asbergers, but that doesn't show at all. It doesn't effect him spiritually or emotionally. He is VERY sensitive and understanding. His testimony is amazing, I feel like my prayers have been answered from the long talks we've had. He knows the gospel, and follows the spirit so well!! We started this thing, we fasted one day this week to know how we could improve this transfer. We did that for this 40 day fast thing, where we choose something to work on that may be hindering our ability to be in the Spirit, and teach by the spirit. I am overcoming weaknesses that I never thought I could. It's awesome!


Elder Bytheway just arrived in the mission!
I remember my first days in middle school! Josh is a stud! It takes some getting used to but then it's fine! Yes tell the boys to stick to tennis!! I've played a bit out here but not much. No matter what, I think I'll get schooled by the boys when I get home!! Yep the Gardiner sister song is the main way money's coming in but all my songs are getting a good amount! Dad's webinar thing needs to explode. People need to see that content!!

Sounds like Bryan had a good birthday. I love the Thayers!! Lemme know how your job goes! Also yeah, President Priday's called me a couple times to say thanks for the song in stake conference. He called me asking for your number! I told him to tell you I love you.. Hope he did! Yeah, he's an awesome guy!


Sorry for the lame letter. Just know I'm growing and learning so much out here, and the atonement is truly changing me. I love this gospel!!


- Elder Townsend


PS. Brenden Bytheways little brother just got here!

No comments:

Post a Comment