Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Letter #27 . . . Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing!

Come Thou Fount Piano Arrangement 
Click on the link above. This is an audio recording 
of Tanner playing his own arrangement of "Come Thou Fount" 
in stake conference last Saturday in Kansas! 
He explains more about it in this letter!

 Hellooooo everybody!

This week was pretty suhweeeet!!
We are trying our hardest to grow our teaching pool! We are starting
to get the Ward council to do what they are supposed to be doing
instead of just agenda items every Sunday. So hopefully that will help
the work in our area. We just got an awesome new Ward Mission Leader
so we have been hard at work to get the ball rolling.


Last Wednesday I got a call from President Vest, the Mission pres and
also the Stake Pres asking if I could play the piano on Saturday at stake
conference! Saturday/Sunday we had Stake Conference and it was sweet.
It was the first adult session I've ever been to and it was one of the most
spiritual meetings I've been to! I played Come Thou Fount on the piano at
that session. It was kinda scary. They put me at the end of the program in
between the Stake Pres and Mission Pres! It went perfect tho!


Thursday is transfers and I'm guessing at least one of us will be
leaving. We suggested that they put two Spanish missionaries out here,
because most of the teaching pool out here are Spanish speakers, and
we sort of lost the opportunity to teach all of them when I came. The
Elders place I took this transfer was a Spanish speaker... We will
see!


I'd much rather be on a mission than in school. Sorry boys that you
are starting school this week! :) Claire is crawling?! Ahhh please send 

vids . . I miss her squishy face. I saw the pics of Sarah's studio!! It looks 
soooooo dang cool. Wish I was there to see it in person! Brady was tellin 
me about that surgery. I feel so bad!! That's awful. And that's sad what's 
happening with Cammy! Hopefully she ends up okay!

What do I think about Park and Lex having a baby?! I'm so excited. We
could possibly have the same birthday!! Their kids are gonna be
freakin cute. Hopefully her and Claire are best friends in the
future! :)


I've been thinking a ton about one of the things Lex Walbeck said in
an email to me. She said it's the tough times to get through on the
mission, and in life when we can access the atonement, and be changed
by it the most. I am getting better and better at recognizing when I'm
not in the spirit, and immediately turning to him, and with complete faith
I can be given peace. I loved what she said, 'He always delivers for
us if we turn to him, and he then redeems and refines us over and over
again.' I am humbled and amazed more and more everyday at the reality
of this gospel. The fact that the restoration actually happened. The
fact that Christ knows me PERFECTLY. Not partially. Perfectly. And
because of that, I am able to feel peace in any circumstance if I seek
Him.


Love you all!
-Elder Townsend


Sent from Zion

No comments:

Post a Comment