Monday, September 5, 2016

Letter #29 . . . studying in Zion!

Hi All,

It was a good week! Independence is awesome! Ellsworth had some sick
days this week, so we had to stay home a couple days. Gave me a lot of
time to think, and study the Book of Mormon! I'm on Mosiah 20. Reading
it my 4th time total. This week we had a couple good lessons with
investigators, and had an Investigator and his son come to church! The
work is super tough these days. We work all day long and we just can't
seem to catch anybody home, or have them keep their appointments. It's
been tough but we're working to get through it! 


Temple lot in Independence
I've been praying to receive a stronger discipline and drive to go
give 100 percent to the Lord all day every day. I've realized that me saying
that, is in essence telling God, "This is how I am Lord, I don't have the discipline and drive, or frankly the humility to try to change, so I'm going to wait right here until you magically give me those things."
I've found, if I truly want to end my mission with no regrets, I need
to stop playing the victim card. Or the, "If only I was more like
this, then I could do this" game. I've learned the key for me is
striving to exercise perfect humility. Which to me means, I need to go
out on a limb, and be humble enough to completely trust that the
Savior can help make my weak things become strong, and trust that he
will truly guide me to where I'm supposed to be in life, and then on
top of that, go out and work!! I'm gaining a deeper understanding of
the atonement every day. I'm slowly overcoming weaknesses I didn't
think I could. Ether 12:27... 


So I'm serving in Independence Missouri now. I live about five minutes away from the temple lot that Joseph Smith dedicated forthe last days. It talks about it in D&C 57:1-5, and D&C 84, and the chapter headings of 58-60. We go do our studies on that grass sometimes. D&C straight up says that field of grass in Independence Missouri will be the center place of Zion, the New Jerusalem. Joseph Smith dedicated that ground and received revelation that that very field will be the VERY FIRST place the Savior comes during his 2nd Coming... Awesome Spirit felt there. 

I miss you all! Everything about Independence is great! The work is slow but we're working hard!   Sounds like things are going pretty well over there! Mom I've read your letter a couple times. I love it! I don't have time to respond to much of it, but just know I loved it and have read it many times. 

Love you! 
-Elder Townsend 

PS. This is where Joseph prophesied the Savior will come first in the 2nd Coming!

PSS.  This is a random funny moment on p-day today . . . watch video here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment