Monday, October 9, 2017

Letter #86 . . . when I feel it, I FEEL IT!

Tanner's happy face . . . feeling humbled and grateful these days!
Hey y'all. Things are good here. Things have been flippen crazy trying to double cover two wards. Sandkamp leaves in 2 weeks and he's been mega trunky lately. Haha I don't blame him, he's been out over 25 months, I love him to death. He is such a good guy. One of the most pure hearted people I've ever met. I've learned a ton from him. I'm guessing I'm staying in the ward, and an Elder named Elder Roberts will be coming here... We'll see! Just a guess.

Something cool I've figured out slowly and imperfectly out here, is the fact that's put very simply, I am happy, at peace, and can feel myself progressing toward Him when I am putting time into reading the scriptures, Jesus the Christ, etc. with REAL intent. I've also found when I don't study, and justify it like it's not going to hurt anything, that day becomes a day full of anxious retreating and withdrawing, temptation, sin, and unhappiness. I forget over and over how real Jesus Christ and his love really is. But man, when I feel it, I FEEL IT. I am so grateful for that feeling. So humbled by all the revelation you can receive from the Holy Ghost if you are upright with God and ready listening for it. For me, revelation usually comes as I'm pondering something, usually in the scriptures. Then I see the thought pop into me head, and it rings true!


Beautiful temple!
To anyone who is reading this. I plead with you to give this church a chance. Give the Book of Mormon a chance. If you've gave it a chance and you're still not feelin it, give it another chance, with a sincere desire to know if God really loves you. You will find that answer. These things are true. I'm believing that stronger and stronger everyday and it is crazy to me. This church seems too good to be true, and almost impossible to believe if viewed from the world's eyes. "REALLY..? I'm a member of the ONE true church? Logically that makes no sense!" These are thoughts I ask myself and it blows me away how I can
truly answer yes to all those questions. I feel so grateful to be born
into the situation I was. Feeling humbled and grateful these days.

Tan and Elder Sandkamp

I'm good with clothes. I like beef jerky and slim Jims haha. Spence quit? Dang! Hopefully he'll stick with it and start to love it like I did. :)

Love ya.


- Elder Townsend


PS.  Here's a few second clip of Elder Sandkamp and his sandals. :)  Click here to watch the 10 second video! Looks like something Tanner would do. Love it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment