Monday, June 26, 2017

Letter #71 . . . kidney stones and baptism date for Barbie!

Hey fam and friends, 

Passing kidney stone in the hospital
'Twas a fantastic week. Mom, thanks for the great emails every week. I love them! Me and the rest of the fam were twins this week . . Dad went to hospital and I did too! You ran over a nail and we just barely did too! :) Staheli is awesome. We get a new mission President July 1st

Lots of cool stuff going on in the Whitmer Ward! Definitely the most missionary minded area I've been in. Besides the fact that I passed a kidney stone, this week was great! That was pretty crappy. Kidney stones feel like you're having a baby, I'm told, but the outcome and reward is not quite the same hahaha. Cute lil baby vs tiny stone.......?? Doesn't even compare. So moral of the story . . . I don't recommend having kidney stones, so if you've been considering it, I recommend ya maybe consider not putting yourself through that. :D
Baptisms for the dead at the temple with Ashlee

Started playing Bingo with the old folks at Barbie's work!! Reminds me of the good old days where we did it all the time earlier on in my mission. Barbie is doing amazing. She came to Bible Study Class Tuesday, and church on Sunday!! She is truly so prepared. She is half way through the Book of Mormon and is eagerly wanting to learn more and more. We introduced her to the bishop and a few members and it turns out she already knew the Bishop!! Her brother served in the military with him and they've been family friends since then!! That made her feel a whole lot more comfortable. She asked to be baptized!! She's on date for the 8th of July!! :)


We went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead with Ashlee, who we taught and baptized last transfer!! She also gave an amazing talk on missionary work 

in sacrament!! It was an awesome experience. She said she 
felt an overwhelming peace in the temple and wants to come back
again and again!! The group we went with did about 100 names together!
Staheli and I baptized each other! That was pretty special! I'd never
baptized anyone in the temple!


Love, Tan


PS. Here is a video of "I Need Thee Every Hour" that Tanner played and sang with his previous comp, Elder Anderson, and a country singer named Arthur at Ashlee's baptism a few weeks ago! He just sent it this week!   Click here: "I Need Thee Every Hour"
 
At the temple with Ashlee, Elder Staheli and her boyfriend


Nail in the tire!

Splits?

No comments:

Post a Comment