Monday, June 12, 2017

Letter #69 . . . happiest I've ever been on my mission!

Hi All, 

Highlights of the week . . . Bob Gordon and his wife have been reading 
the Book of Mormon! We had like 20 people show up to help them on 
their farm. It was awesome how much the ward supports that kind of 
stuff! 

District fun!
 We went to the visitors center in Independence with Barbie!! It 
honestly was probably the greatest moment of my mission. She is so 
prepared. Her husband is opening up to us too!
Sheering llamas in Excelsior Springs

We sheered 13 Llamas this week with our district. Hahaha it was an amazing experience. Those things are insane. Literally the weirdest animals ever but I think that's why I love them so much. There are some crazy service opportunities here in Whitmer!! They just keep getting more and more interesting haha!


The first annual CROCK POT COOK-OFF went down following our last district meeting of the transfer. Leading up to the big day, numerous trash talk texts were sent and some sleep was prolly lost in anticipation but it was all worth it when 12:33 pm on the 8th of June in the year of our lord 2017. We had quite the array of dishes - cream cheese chicken & rice, sweet pork street tacos & chip dip. But the greatest of all and the winner of the world was cooking in Crocky (yes, we named him) on low for 8.5 hours... cream cheese chicken is what we made. . But on the real crock pots are the most magical invention cause I'm pretty sure none of us have any cooking skills but thanks to our crock pots, we had a delicious feast. BEST EVER.  


Click here to watch a 1-2 minute segment of this COOK OFF!
Elder T and Elder Anderson
I am the happiest I've ever been on my mission! I feel so fulfilled and am actually sincerely enjoying every day. I love the mission.

Love you all :)


Tan





No comments:

Post a Comment