Monday, April 10, 2017

Letter #59 . . . loved General Conference . . God works in cool ways!

Hey mama, 

Thanks for the letter! Some highlights of the week . . . . .
we had interviews with President, we have a pretty cool relationship 
these days. I love him and his wife! I'm writing a new song, it's not done
yet. But it's pretty sweet! It's been raining non stop for like a
week, and because of that Missouri turned from an ugly yellow color,
to the greenest green ever. It looks super sweet right now. :) I feel
like I'm in Sweden or something.

General Conference was amazing as always! We were able to watch the
Sunday session with Abby an investigator, and Taylor, our recent
convert! It's a cool experience watching with other people, it totally
changes how you listen. I was listening with their perspective! I loved
so many talks, can't even name my faves! I know those men are called
of God!!

Cool miracle we had this week, in between sessions of the Saturday
conference, we had nothing to do so we went and walked around the
college campus. We were walking, and this Korean and Nepali guy walk
up to us, Shin Kang, the Korean asked if we were Mormon, we said yes!
He told us he was baptized in Korea like 10 months ago, came here for
his education, and had not been able to find the church again here in
Maryville. We got to know him a bit, took him to dinner at the Bishop's
later that night, and took him to Priesthood session! It was so cool
that we found him. He, like us, was just walking around campus because
he had nothing to do. God works in cool ways! We are going to be
meeting  with him regularly, and teaching him the lessons again. Oh,
to top it all off, he's awesome at piano and singing! Plays by ear
just like me! :)

Been studying he Book of Mormon a lot still, I just started Alma! I
love that book. It's true. I feel that more and more every time I read
it. I'm so grateful for this Gospel.

Much luv, till next week!!

- Tan

PS. Sorry no pics this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment