Thursday, April 13, 2017

Letter #60 . . chance meeting of BYU coaches . . loving life in Maryville!


Things are great out here in Maryville!  Crazy experience . . last night we popped a tire, pulled into a parking lot of a restaurant, and put on the spare. 3 Giant dudes in BYU hoodies walk out of the restaurant with the head coach of Northwest Missouri football. Northwest is the college here in Maryville. These past two years, they have won back to back D2 NCAA National Championships in football and basketball!! The 3 BYU people were Ed Lamb, the assistant coach, one of their linebackers named Jan Jorgensen, and the defensive coach, Steve Kafusi. We chatted with them for a while and they were excited to randomly see two Mormon missionaries! We let them know our zone leader is Zach Katoa, who's playing for them when he's back. They couldn't believe it. They raved and raved about how much they love Katoa haha! We took a pic with them and he is going to send it to your cell, Dad! 
More cool stuff . . we had Dalton Carrol, Taylor's friend come to church this week! We taught him the first discussion and he wants to learn more. He and Taylor kinda have a thing for each other. So we are questioning his true motives in wanting to meet with us hahaha. But hey! Even a general authority said during conference that he took the lessons just because of a girl! So the Lord works in mysterious ways I guess! ;)

We got to have Zone Training on the grounds of Adam Ohndi Ahman! I gave a little training/ General Conference highlight, and talked about Thomas S. Monson's talk on the Book of Mormon. It was cool to be able to share my testimony on the truthfulness of that book, and the peace it can bring with the Zone! We have such an awesome zone. There is an awesome new Sister in our zone from Brazil named Sister Apolonio that's a super good singer. We've been jamming out on p-days! Stuff like that makes things fun! The Zone leaders are the best I've had my whole mission. Elder Zach Katoa is one, and he's the best missionary I've ever met. He is so talented, and all around is the most humble and balanced dude I've ever met. He's playing running back for BYU when he gets home! Go check out his highlight tape online hahah he's crazy! He was number one offensive player in Utah and #88 on ESPN's top 100 running backs! He committed to Oregon State, and then their coach came to BYU and so he's going there now. 
 
We played "Be Still My Soul" at Zone Conference Piano Guys style!! I'll send it to you. Here is the link . . click here to listen! I've loved being able to play so much music out here. I miss singing with Elder Amosa! Speaking of him, since he's been home he was in a car accident heading down to St. George. His uncle was driving, was going too fast, lost control of the car and rolled the car twice!! Luckily they are all perfectly fine...
Well, on the kinda scary side of things, Elder Griffiths had a seizure when he was on exchanges about a week ago, and another one with me LAST NIGHT. He bit his tongue really bad both times. It woke me up in the middle of the night and I had to pour water all over his face to wake him up. He has type 1 diabetes . . I don't know if I told you that. He's never really had seizures but he thinks it's caused by his blood sugar being too low in the night. Scary stuff!

I finished writing another song! Song writing has been one of my fave things to do in our few moments of spare time haha. I'll send you a recording of it! Click here for the link! We had the craziest thunderstorm ever this week, I love Missouri storms! Now everything is SUPER GREEN! I'm loving life here!

Much luv!!
 
Tanman

No comments:

Post a Comment