Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Letter #62 . . . missions teach you A LOT!

Hey Fam and Friends!

Good week as always! Weather is perfect these days. Gotta love it! 
Love hearing the update on the boys!! I miss those dudes. I know I say that like every week but it's SO TRUE! 
Bishop Graves Family
Dalton Carroll is getting baptized this Saturday WOOT WOOT! Matt Alonso is baptizing him. He's the same kid that baptized Taylor, our last baptism. 

Griffiths and I are best pals. We're pushing for staying a fourth transfer together. That never happens in this mission. BUT we feel like we have a chance!! :) Transfers are next week so we'll see what happens. Regardless I think I'll be staying another transfer in Maryville. I'm lucky, I've had all great companions. I've learned a lot from all of them and have became good pals with all of them! 

Missions teach you a lot! I feel like I've finally hit the point where I feel comfortable teaching. Early on in my mission I wasn't as confident, but now I feel like my testimony is stronger, I've experienced repentance like I never have before, and because of that I am able to confidently and effectively teach with the spirit. 
More photos from Easter Sunday Picnic . .
 
All ya'll should definitely go read and ponder your patriarchal blessings. I've been reading it more and more lately. When I first got it, to be honest I was a little 'bummed' out. Because I did not hear what I was expecting. What to do for a career, what kind of person to marry, and all that exciting stuff haha. My blessing was so simple, I overlooked it. But I'm realizing the simple principles it talks about are exactly what I need. "Seek ye the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added onto you." It's the scripture that's been coming to my mind a lot on my mission. 
 
At Adam-ondi-Ahman!
Simplicity is key for me! I'm so grateful for my blessing, for the Book of Mormon, and for the opportunity to come on a mission. I love this gospel. It has brought me so much true peace, knowing that God has a plan for us. It's brought me through the hardest times of my life, when I seek for it. 

Much Luv!!
 
- Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment