Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Letter #48 . . . it's as cold as the Grinch's heart!

Hey fam bam and everybody! 
 
Why yes, it is cold as the Grinch's heart out here in Missouri. 
Church was cancelled in our stake more than 24 hours earlier
because of the nasty forecast that said there was going to be super
bad freezing rain. I've never heard a storm more hyped up than this
one, everyone is talking about it! 


A little basketball on p-day! (video at the bottom of post)
We've been in contact with Abi, the girlfriend of the bishop's son. She wants to learn more but lives so far away . . it's been tough. Especially because the weather has been rough.. So we're hoping things will work out and we'll be able to teach her! 

We've been working with less actives a lot. Like 60% of the ward is less active. There's a lot of nice people we've gotten to meet. We drove a little over an hour to the very tip of our area, like the VERY top left of Missouri, to a little town called Rockport, with a few hundred people in it! It borders Nebraska and Iowa!! There are some less actives over there we were able to visit who hadn't had a visit from anyone from the church for 15+ years.... :/ you'd think a ward this small would have an easier time reaching out to everyone. But when only 3 percent of the ward home teaches, it makes it a little interesting!

That's fun you got to go out with the missionaries momma! I wish I
would've went out more with the Elders! Too bad I tried to avoid them
like the plague.. Now as a missionary, I know what it feels like... :)
Britt, you seem like quite the catch these days! Lemme know how those
dances go. Write me beebs, I'd love to hear from you personally again!
I wanna hear the deets of this bowling team, and who you're hanging
with these days, and who you're liking and all that jazz. Hahaha
that's the sweetest thing ever you guys started a bowling team, lemme
know if you beat my high score 146. :)


Heyyyy we got a cello that we're borrowing. Griffiths and I are going
to play Come Thou Fount in Sacrament this week! It's been fun jamming
with him, he's pretty good!! I surprisingly don't play the piano we
have in our apartment all that much, but it's still so nice being able
to have that as an outlet when I need it. I've also been getting back
in to drawing. I've been drawing a lion on my iPad that's pretty
sweet. I'll send it when I'm Done!


Grams passed away exactly a year ago? Wow, I miss her lots. I think 

about her all the time, especially when I listen to Sleeping at Last! I bet
she's loving it up there in heaven! :)


Much luv,


Tan


PS. Claire is such a cutie. She keeps getting cuter and cuter!! My
comp loves watching videos of her too. Send more more more!


Elder Griffiths after making a full court shot! 

PSS. Here is a video of us on p-day playing basketball at a rec center . .  
click this link: Two Dunks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment