Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Letter #47 . . . saved millions, town heroes now! :)

Hey fam bam!

Playin' the Banjitar!
Sounds like the weather's pretty nasty over there! We've had a few snowstorms, but I'm keepin' pretty warm tho, except for the day it gone down to -12! We have a full time car. Our area is the biggest in the entire mission. It takes 2 hours to drive from one end of our area to the other!! We out in the middle of nowhere hahaha. I like it tho. Our ward is struggling. They had like 8 super solid families move to Utah. So now there is an increase of not-so-solid people filling in all the callings. :/ But it's fun being in such a small ward!

Some highlights of the week: our bishop's son brought his girlfriend to church, she's 16 and is super nice! She loved church and loves being there! The Bishop's wife invited us over to their house for cookies that night, and she was there. We are going to start teaching her the lessons! So excited! Other cool thangs.. I just barely had some way yummy Filipino food at a member's house, and I got to play a Banjitar (banjo/guitar) at another members house who is the lead singer in a country band (pictures below!) It's been sweet. I've 

been able to play a lot of piano and stuff for members. Makes things fun! 
Yesterday I played "Everything" by Michael Buble at the request of 
Bishop's wife. She thought it was awesome! They are seriously the 
coolest family. Mom, go Facebook stalk 'em . . . Chris and Laureen G.! 
They just visited family in Draper I think. 
 
Oh also, yesterday we called 911 to report a forest fire. Because of our quick 
thinking and pure bravery, we were able to save the lives of millions. We're basically town heroes now.  Lol nah just playin'! It was a tiny fire. Didn't hurt a fly. #stillheroestho

Looks like Utah!  Maryville, Missouri
Man I miss J-jazz! Enjoy it while you can bros! Send me your highlight mix tapes!! I've been playing a ton of basketball out here. We have a rec center with super nice courts that we play on in the mornings a few times a week. I'm getting pretty good! I fully expect to be on the Warriors roster in 2018 starting over that Stephanie Curry gal... Sar, I'm loving the vids of you and Claire playing the piano. Claire is gonna be a prodigy I can tell. Dad your looking good in that photoshoot for your website!! Those are sweet.
 

Miss you all lots.

Love, Tan


PS. Lovin the ol' country life, still don't like country music...






Comp, Elder Griffiths
Zone Meeting
Crazy zone photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment