Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Letter #46 . . . transferred to middle of nowhere with new comp!

Hey All, 

Tanner and new comp, Elder Griffiths
I left my last area, Blue Springs, that I'd been in for the last 4 1/2 months! I was transferred out to the boonies, (aka middle of no where) to Maryville Missouri,  and Elder Griffiths is sweet! 

Fun fact for ya -- the rapper Eminem was born and raised in a little town called St. Joe like 25 minutes from Maryville! His childhood/mother's home is in our
district boundaries! Maybe we'll convert Mrs. Mathers! ;) 


I've been blessed with awesome companions. Elder Griffiths is a baseball/basketball playin, hilarious cellist from St. George, Utah! He's my age. He loves jammin out on the piano with me and naming out songs and stuff. We're gonna get a cello, and play a song in Sacrament meeting. 

I'm excited to be out here!

Church was interesting in Maryville. It was way different than what I'm used to! But I still 

liked it a lot. The people are great! We had 40 people at church. We gave talks and prepared 
the Sacrament.

Crazy that it's 2017! I learned a lot this past year. From preparing 

for my mission, to serving almost a year of my mission, I've
had so many cool experiences where I've felt the Spirit and the love
of God toward me and his children so strongly. My testimony of this
gospel & the truthfulness of the restoration has grown to a pretty
unshakable faith. I can honestly say with all confidence and sincerity
that I know God lives, and that I will never fall away from this
Church. This year, I've seen my weaknesses come into view, and I've
had to learn to deal with them. I know through Him I can overcome
my weaknesses. I'm humbled and proud to serve as a missionary for Him.


Love, Tan


PS. Here's me and Elder Griffiths and a copy of the talk I gave in Sacrament Meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment