Monday, July 25, 2016

Letter #23 . . . lots and lots of service!

Tanner, Elder Kirkham and Chris Winkie
Hey hey friends!

It's been a good week here in Hickory Hills. This week consisted of lots and lots of service: painting rails in the disgusting heat, helping out 4 families that moved in or out of our ward, and lots more fun stuff! This week we also had our first district meeting of the transfer. My comp is the DL, so we have been doing a ton of exchanges as well. It's been tiring, but a good week!


I like the area, it is like right next to my last area... Like a 25 minute drive away. It's a poorer area. But people still aren't very humble.. Haha. Not many people will let us in. My new companion's pretty cool. We work hard and have fun! Funny story . . . we were moving a family into our ward, and they had like 10 kids all under the age of 12. They had a piano there, and I had them name songs and I was playing all of them and they were having seizures on the ground they were so excited. Hahah! It was awesome. Also this week, we had a mini missionary tag along with us for 3 days. His name was Chris Winkie...Haha that name tho... He is leaving on his mission in September. He was a cool guy! He got a 34 on the ACT!


Dang I wish I could've came to the cabin!! That looked so fun in those
pics!! Tennis? Sweet!! Keep them going with that. We play tennis out here
some mornings and it's super fun. I wish I would've played more
growing up. I feel like I'd be pretty good! I miss seeing Claire.
She's getting cuter every single day. How is that even possible?!


Sorry not the longest letter today! I'm running low on time, forgive me! 

Love you all. Keep reading the Book of Mormon! It'll change your life.

I completely agree with my wise friend who once said "This gospel is
so true, it's freaky." - Lauren Ogden


Love you all!


Elder Tanner Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment