Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Letter #21 . . . big changes coming!

(Mom note: sadly, no photos this week) 

Hey all!

Can't believe 5 months is already up! Time flies! Miss you guys!
You're all looking older in the pics you send me! Pretty simple week.
We had a few lessons, played a bunch of Bingo, had dinner at our
investigator Christian's house. They're so awesome. Torrico has 4 days
left, and he can't wait to be home. He's all packed haha!I'm guessing 
I'll stay another transfer. As far as getting a new companion, I'm not sure 
what to think. I'm keeping my expectations pretty low. I'll be fine with 
anyone. I've noticed it is really easy for me to get along with everyone! 
I'm just going to go into it with a clean slate...

Couple days ago, we went and visited this sweet old lady named Patti
Ogara. Torrico got really close with her in his last area. She is RLDS, 
and has an amazing testimony of Christ. She even gave him this amazing,
framed, 70 year old picture of Christ. As we were leaving, Torrico set
his iPad on the car... and we drove away... The iPad fell off the car,
and we couldn't find it. We retraced our route, searched the road, and
never found it. The next day, we called the police and they said some
lady called and reported an iPad she found. So we went and picked it
up! It just had a tiny scratch!! He's so lucky! That's the second time
that's happened.

Can't believe Britt is almost driving and dating... Stud. He's getting
huge. I'll bet he's bigger than me now... And Claire, oh how I miss her
squishy face. Send a bunch of vids of her being cute!! Sar has a
float in the Draper parade?? That's sweet. Wish I could come cheer you 
on! How's your teaching going Sar? How's work Brady?? Park and Lex 
came to visit? Tell them to come visit me next please. I miss them lots. 
Also, you should send me those old home videos!! :)

I'm starting the Book of Mormon again. Before that, I went like a week
without reading it, and in that time I noticed how much harder a
mission gets when I'm not constantly feeling the spirit and the peace
that the truthfulness of this gospel brings. The Book of Mormon is
amazing. I am amazed every time I read it. For everyone looking for an
answer about something in your life, read the Book of Mormon cover to
cover, and I promise you'll get an answer as you read and study what's
in that book!

Love you all!

- Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment