Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Week #15 . . . kittens, guitar and driving!

Hey all!

It was a good week! I miss you guys!! Miss hanging out with my brothas. Mom, I haven't got the package yet... Did you send it to 517 Walnut Street as the address? It'll come eventually! Sounds like you guys are doing good. You guys are going to be so old and stuff by the time I get home it's crazayyyy!! Sarah and Brady will probs have a squishy Claire #2. Jake will be married to the girl of his dreams, with three kids (at least.) Britt will be drivin like crazy, and will have already been on 10x the amount of dates I ever went on. Spen will have pit hair, and unlike me, he'll start to get all the girls because of his voice. Haha still waiting for that to happen.. 😭 Josh will be in middle school, have 3 girlfriends, AND be in the NBA and NFL... Looking forward to seeing all that... ;)
 
Tanner and Elder Torrico at a member's house
Had dinner with Madison and Christian Salazar this week, he's one of our investigators I've talked about. He is progressing amazingly and wants to be baptized, but their wedding isn't till October. They are living together.. So he has to wait to be married to be baptized. So that will be awesome!! Hopefully I could stay here another transfer so I could work with them, The Clardys, and Shawn Chestnut and a couple other peeps some more.

We have transfers coming up this week. I hope I stay with Torrico, he's awesome. We get along so well and make each other laugh pretty hard haha. He's crazy, he ran a marathon on the treadmill the other day hahah!! Since he's the district leader, we had to do exchanges with the whole district this transfer. They're fun sometimes. This week I went to Ottawa, a super small town like an hour away with Elder Fili. I drove for the first time out here that day. I love drivin, it was great. Elder Fili'moe'ulie is his full name... Haha He's this Tongan dude, barely speaks English, and he's freaking crazy. I'll send some videos of us 'singing!' ;) Elder Fili was singing my song I did for last years EFY Strength of Youth Album all day, it was so funny. So he brought it up at our dinner at the member's house, and I sang my song with their guitar. (Click here to play the EFY song with guitar!
 
It was the first time I played guitar in almost four months, and it felt like I hadn't been away for a second! It immediately came back. I thought I would forget and get rusty because I have an awful memory. Haha but it turns out, for me at least, playing piano and guitar has nothing to do with memorization, and seems to be one of the ONLY things not affected by my bad memory. It's engraved in my brain. It's become a part of me, and I think being away from it, and not playing it as often has engraved it even deeper. When I sit down and play, I don't have to consciously think about it at all anymore, it's awesome! 
Playing with kittens!
Fun thing this week, we played with like 10 little kittens at this member's house. It was amazing. I don't like cats. But kittens... Different story. 😻😻 This week I've been making up some songs in my free time. I want to come home and record an album of songs I've written out here. That'd be schweeet. Another thing we had to do this week, Elder Torrico had to take a mandatory math accuplacer test out here to place him in a math class for school, because his ACT expired and he starts school 3 days after he gets back. He paid fifty bucks, he took a three hour test, and his test results just said 'No Placement' because he didn't even get a good enough score to be graded... Haha my goodness, I hate school!

Soooo I think we will be at the Moore's for a while. It's a weird situation. We randomly got a call from the housing coordinator about moving us into a new house, right after sister Moore freaked out at us for forgetting to lock the doors on a few occasions. After that call, we thought she was done with us, and we let her know we will find a new place asap. Then she acted like she knew nothing about it, idk I don't really believe her. But I love it here, and am grateful to be here... We'll see if I stay next transfer!

Love you all! Send me more squishy vids of Claire being squishy please! She's just getting cuter and cuter . . how is that even possible?! 
- Elder Townsend 

No comments:

Post a Comment