Monday, June 13, 2016

Letter #17 . . . baptisms coming soon, BOOM!

Dear All,
P-day a week or two ago at the church! 

This week two of our investigators have committed to baptism! The first was Christian Salazar whose fiancé is Madison Alston. His date is one week after their wedding in October. We have taught him all 5 lessons. He loves the church, and the missionaries, and the Book of Mormon. It has changed him. He is so happy now. Our second guy's name is Ray Brandley. He is 18 years old. He has a friend in our ward who is about to leave on a mission. He was taught about the gospel and loved it, but his parents were totally against him learning about the Mormon church. But he turned 18, and so we've met with him a few times. He has read to Alma in the Book of Mormon, knows that it's true, and said he is 95 percent sure he wants to be baptized. So  the next time we taught him, we asked him to be baptized July 2nd, and he asked if he can do it a week earlier than that. BOOM! So that feels really good.

A little silly fun at zone meeting!
This week we worked super hard. Things are good. Sounds like the family is growin' up and stuff! I'm guessing I will probably stay another transfer or two here in Redbridge. We are moving out of Redbridge at the middle of July. I'm super excited about that.  I loved reading about how everyone's doing. I miss y'all so much. I'm so jealous you got to see Jeffrey R. Holland speak!!! He is amazing.

Hope you guys know, I'm happy out here. It is very tough at times but I am happy out here. There are a lot of missionaries in our zone that want to go home from the mission but I'm going to stay. My testimony is being continually strengthened. I am in Helaman 5 of the Book of Mormon. It is so amazing. It is even more amazing seeing an investigator is being changed by it. I love you all, I'm sorry I don't have as much time today.

- Tan

A little more seriousness at Zone meeting, June 2016 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment