Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Letter #18 . . . short letter but doing great!

Hey hey!

Crazy that it's been four months! Weeks fly by, days are super long.
:) Sounds like the fam is doin  good. Miss y'all. That vid of Claire singing
is amazing!! Hahaha so cute. Send me more! Love hearing about all my
bros.


Our investigator, Ray decided to push his baptism date back a few
months. He prays about it and feels like that's best. He is so
awesome. He's not changing the date because he's not sure if he wants
to be baptized. He is 100 percent sure he wants to but his family is
strongly opposed, and he wants to soften their hearts so it doesn't
create tension in the family. He said he wants to try to convert them
so he will probably be baptized in October like Christian.

Recently returned missionary Zach with Tan and Elder Torrico!

This week we had Elder James Hamula of the Seventy come and speak to us. It was super cool. He talked a lot about repentance, and how it means to turn. I felt way ahead. Dad, you've already taught me the same concepts he was teaching! Haha. He said how repentance is not
just for sinners, but it should be an everyday thing for everyone. Everyday we should evaluate where we are, and turn back to God.

We got our housing situation all figured out. We are moving out July 15th, which is the same day as transfers, to some nice apartments about twenty blocks north. It'll be so nice to be in our own apartment. 
I'm guessing I'll stay one more transfer here.

With Elder Hinrichsen, June 2016
I just started Ether in the Book of Mormon. I'm just loving it more and more as I read it more often. I'm going to try to read it as many times as I can on my mission! Short letter today. I'm doing great.

Love y'all.

- Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment