Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week #14 . . . "I ain't no scrawny twig no mo!" :)

Hola friends and familia!

I miss you all. The mission is tough. Just trying to live in the
moment is super tough at times, but I'm learning a lot and I know it
will shape me into the person God needs me to be. Whenever I'm having
hard times, I go into my photos, into the album titled
'Clairenebumbuh' and watch a slideshow of her cuteness. She is getting
so big!! Keep sending me lots more videos!! I miss her so much. 


I haven't got the package yet. 


Tanner and Elder Torrico
Well, this week we didn't have a car. We are on a 3 weeks on, 1 week off schedule and it just so happened that this week it was pouring rain most of the time! So yay. So we had to get creative with how to spend our time. Since we try to avoid proselyting in our filthy rich neighborhood cause they call the cops on us and are mostly prideful people who apparently don't need salvation, we did a lot of walking to the northern end of our ward boundary. Haha Sorry that was way rude. We've been walking forty blocks away from our house. We went and tracked more around Matt Clardy, our investigator's house. We didn't have much success. My feet are awful, and after walking on them for a good 5 or so miles, it feels like the muscles in my feet are tearing more and more every step. It doesn't help that Elder Torrico can't fathom what it feels like to not have perfect feet.  He ran a flippin marathon this morning hahahah. Seriously tho. 26.3 miles. So that's been a highlight this week. I have been working out every day. Just been lifting, chest and back workouts, push-ups, sit-ups. I guess you could say I ain't no scrawny twig no mo'... Watch out Parker Walbeck, you're gonna look tiny next to me when I get home. :) 


District Meeting!
Apparently the housing situation isn't as urgent as we thought. So we're taking our time finding an apartment. We got a new bishop yesterday. His name is Brother Ward. Brother Pace (him and his family are my favorite family in the ward) is the first counselor! So that's cool. 

I gave a couple blessings this week to 2 different older ladies we know really well in the hospital. They were both comfort blessings before they went into surgery. I feel so bad for both of them. I also just barely got my driving card in the mail, which means I can drive now! Wahoo!
Elder Torrico is awesome and super fun to be with. Transfers are 

in two weeks. I'm not sure if we'll stay together. We'll see! He's 
funny, he gets all dressed up and takes a selfie every day.  He's awesome. 
He is an awesome teacher and is a great missionary!! Yet he is so trunky
(ready to go home) so that makes things kinda tough. Especially while
you're being trained... When he has 3 months left, and I've been out 3
months, it's kind of overwhelming to see him get stressed about how
much time he has left hahah. 


Usually my favorite part of the week is meeting with the investigators. None of them could this week tho. So I spent a lot of time reading, studying, and highlighting the Book of Mormon. I read all of Mosiah on Saturday, and understood what was going on so much more than the other two times I've read it for some reason. I am highlighting in different colors: doctrine, principles, natural man, unfulfilled prophesy, fulfilled prophecy, missionary work etc. Its been awesome so far. I love that book so much. It is TRUE.

Oh man. I'm so excited for Manda Heaps! SWEDEN?! That's awesome. We should get home the same week, if not same day haha. I've been writing her a bit, She is going to be amazing. Also Jenna I listened to your farewell talk!! So good! I wish I could have been there. You're going to be a great missionary!! L.A will love you I just know it!

 

Love you guys. Church is true. :)

Elder Townsend






No comments:

Post a Comment