Monday, July 17, 2017

Letter #74 . . . most special moment of my whole mission!

Hey my fam and friends. This week was great. The mission is pretty
dang cool. The GOSPEL is pretty dang cool. Two of our investigators,
Barbie and Ryan are both on date for the 22nd!! :) Before I talk about
them tho, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITT!! YOU'RE A STUD I LOVE YOU LOTS. Josh
did baptisms?! Woot Woot jarshie poo!


Liberty Jail, July 2017 with Barbie and the Bridges
Went to the Liberty Jail this week with Barbie. Tom and Sheila Bridges, some amazing members came too. It truly was up there for the most special moment of my whole mission. Earlier on in the week Barbie expressed how cloudy her mind was about making a decision to be baptized. We told her to clear her mind for the next few days before we went to the jail. We told her to just think of the question, was Joseph Smith truly a Prophet? We went to the jail, she came in, seeking to find her answer about Joseph Smith being a true prophet. She is the most truly prepared person I have ever seen... It continues to blow me away... We went in a room, and watched the hour long Restoration movie. You could tell she was soaking it all in. All 67 minutes of it!! We went and walked around the Jail. Brother Sharp gave us a tour, was guided by the Spirit, and said everything that Barbie needed to hear.

"Don't worry Mom!  I tucked my shirt in right after the pic!" :)
After the tour we went into a room, Barbie marveled about the faith of these men in the Jail, standing true to their testimony regardless, even in trials. She was especially impacted by the fact that all the men in the jail had a chance to escape and be made free if they would just simply say that Joseph Smith was not a Prophet of God, and ALL of
them chose to stay in the miserable Jail, than be made free, and denounce Joseph as a true messenger of God. She said, "Not even Peter did that!! Even he denied Christ." POWERFUL. There's an amazing spirit felt there. I have felt an overwhelming peace and so much emotion throughout the week, especially the night we visited the Jail with her. As we sat and listened to Barbie testify in tears, that she felt so much peace, as she was there at the Liberty Jail. She told us she knew without a doubt that Joseph Smith was truly a prophet. I couldn't
help but cry with her. Hearing such sincerity and testimony in somebody's voice overwhelmed me completely. In the midst of our tears, and with a smile I asked, "Wanna set a date?" She immediately responded with relief, "Yes!" She wiped her tears and smiled the biggest smile you ever did see. I love her, and feel so grateful I was able to witness her conversion, and have my faith and testimony strengthened immensely because of it!



 One of Tanner's journal entries
Staheli is hanging in there, he's got about a week left. I'll probably most definitely stay here next transfer, which I'm fine with. I love this ward. I'd be fine to train or do whatever! I'm at Alma 62 in the
Book of Mormon. Loving it more than ever, it is my greatest source of peace.
 

 Love you all. :)
- Tan


PS.  Note from Mom . . . Tanner has written in his journal everyday of his mission and here is his entry from last week when they went to Liberty Jail with Barbie and the Bridges.  

Here is an email Barbie sent home to Tanner's Mom this past week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment