Saturday, July 15, 2017

Letter #73 . . . The Spirit does the convincing, not just us!

Hey fam! 

Tanner and Charlie Nevels
It's hot here as well. The humidity is pretty nasty out here.  Enjoy the dryness! 

That's awesome you saw Parker Thompson's homecoming! I've kept in contact with him and Brady and Coleman and a handful of others!

 

Spence is looking TALL!! He's like as tall as you mom?! Woah. Mom, I'm sorry about your knees!! Goodness! :( Also Jake's beard looks amazing. Hahahah I love it.
 

Wow... that's so sad hearing about Landon. I've had a pit in my stomach ever since I've read that. Thoughts and prayers go out to their family... I can't imagine what they're going through...

The past few days have been pretty cool. We've been able to testify powerfully and sincerely to a few 

people we're working with about the power of the Book of Mormon. Arthur, the country singin' recent convert is having some financial struggles. Just lost his job, and now doesn't have enough to pay for his apartment. In this Ward, I feel like I've met my best friends. Arthur Embry, and Charlie Nevels, a returning member are my buds. Click here to watch a brief video with the Nevels. Arthur had a record label in Texas, got into drugs, was in prison for a year, and studied the Bible every day there. Four years after he got home, he's 24 now, and he joined the church, that was in February of this year. He's read a lot of the Book of Mormon but hasn't honestly studied it and gained a true and lasting full witness of it. I shared with him my conversion, about reading the BOM for the first time with real intent after high school, and promised him that all the peace and guidance he's seeking in life will come if he'll just read it. I gave him a blessing as well.

We had a similar experience with Barbie. Her baptism was put off for a
bit. She wants to feel the Book of Mormon is true before moving
forward. I gave her a copy of my testimony that I wrote when I
finished reading it. She's been reading. Pray that she and Arthur
read and find their answer! I'm so thankful we have the power of the
Spirit, through something so true as the Book of Mormon to do the
convincing, and not just us!! That's why the Lord lets me, the weak
and simple of the world, to come out here!


On Wednesday I had a throbbing headache, and I used one of the two
pills you gave me mama that helps your migraines. It helped a ton!
That night we had dinner with the Gordon's! He's the guy we gave a
blessing to that has cancer. He's been doing a TON better health wise,
the cancer has supposedly stopped spreading, and he has a full
appetite at the moment! They (and we) are pretty excited about that!
We're hoping it keeps going well for them. They too committed to
reading and praying about the Book of Mormon!

First Zone Conference with new mission pres, President and Sister Love

Had my first interview with the new mission president and his wife. They're the Love's.  And yes they live up to their name. They're very loving. :) Sister Love has had anxiety and depression, and is medicated for it. We talked and connected with that. It was awesome.

 

Much luv, till next week!

- Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment