Friday, March 17, 2017

Letter #56 . . . Tornadoes and Birthday week!

Familia and Amigos!!
Far West, March 2017

Twas another great week out here! Some highlights . . . Taylor Kicksey is still on date for the 18th and is excited! Her parents are fine with it, and she's prepared! This week we met with her and taught her about the Word of Wisdom, Chastity, Tithing, and the structure of the church. She asks some pretty great questions which makes it easier and more fun to teach! We went to the Far West Church history sights that a few of the D&C revelations are from, (the Far West temple site) you all should go read those in D&C! Just search Far West in gospel library and click on D&C! It's cool! There's a Deseret book type store there, and we bought 
Taylor some gifts for her baptism. At the store, I found the property records 
of John Tanner! He used to live here in Caldwell County Far West! I'll attach a pic of the
records. (See below) Super cool to be serving in areas where my faithful
ancestors once lived, and gave all they had, for the building up of the kingdom!


Tan and Elder Griffiths
Our mission was hit with a few tornadoes earlier this week! It was pretty sketchy. We ended up driving home through the storm and pretty much drove away from it. Our area Maryville was under lock down, but we were fine. But one of them did some pretty serious damage in Oak Grove I heard, which was part of my last area, Blue Springs! Damaged or destroyed over 500 homes apparently. Not sure if anyone was injured or not... If anyone can go look online and find more info about it, please let me know I'd love to know more haha. IT'S TORNADO SEASON BABY! NOT SURE IF THAT'S SOMETHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUT, BUT HEY, TORNADOES ARE CRAZY COOL AND DESERVE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

My District Leader/ trainer Elder Amosa and I went on our last exchange this week. He's leaving to go home this transfer, in 2 weeks! He's one of my best pals out here. He lives in South Jordan, and has an amazing voice, and am going to be doing some covers with him that'll go on Spotify. I'm pumped. He's awesome. :)


Mission buds at Zone Conference!
Also turned 20 this week! It was a great day, thanks for the package momma! I loved the pics you sent of me when I was a kid. Haha I love those. :)

Much luv, till next week!

- Tan

PS.  These photos are of his Far West tour and Zone Conference with his Mission and Stake President!

His zone!

Add caption


Far West

Tanner and Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment