Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Letter #40 . . . starting to see the fruits of it all!

That was a sad email mama! Sounds like a lot of sad stuff happening...
Hope you guys are doing alright tho.That is so sad about the kids at
Corner Canyon. That has made me feel sick all day. I can't imagine
what their families are going through. Same with Britt...  Life is way
too fragile. We all gotta be careful, and not take anyone for granted.
I loved the article you wrote mom. Made me all teary.


With the Valentine's in Independence!
As far as the work over here. . . We are working really hard, and are slowly starting to see the fruits of it all! We have a new investigator named Angela that is super cool. I'll keep you updated on her. We have a bunch of appointments with members set up for this week too! It should be good.

Also it just got cold overnight... We are not huge fans of the cold. Probably going to be busting out that winter jacket soon.


Other stuff that went on this week... Well, our church starts at flippen 2:00 pm... and there is literally a church on every single corner. Soooo we may have gone into the Calvary Baptist Church Sunday Morning to check it out hahaha. It was interesting, and a good thing to experience. They were super friendly! EVERYONE is religious and goes to some church out here. So we are just trying some different churches
to learn what it's like! :)

Zone in Independence

Today we went bowling.. Again.. with my old companion Elder Kirkham and my MTC comp elder Fowlks! Today I got a 143 and am pretty proud of myself. We said bye to our two best pals Elder Parker and Corpuz this past week for transfers. We got super close with them and are bummed to see them go. They are the ones in the rap I sent you haha. I taught Reber how to play Viva la Vida on the piano today. I just found out Reber's good friend Mckenna Breinholt is roommates with Lauren O.!! That was super awesome to see a pic of the two of them... Small World!


Love you all, talk to you next week.


- Elder Townsend






No comments:

Post a Comment