Monday, November 14, 2016

Letter #39 . . . tough and so rewarding at the same time!

Family and friends!! 

Bowling with the zone . . November 14, 2016
Life is good over here in Missouri. We went bowling with some of the zone today! I won both games. No big deal. :D I'll send some pics. Transfers are this week, I am guessing I'll stay in Independence with Reber! We work hard and have lots of fun. 
Tanner and Elder Reber!

That makes me sick about Annie Schmidt. I can't imagine what they're feeling like, I'm praying for their family for sure. Life is way too fragile... 

Yeah send me screenshots of Dad's new website! I wish I could have made the date night!! I miss the fam, Gramps, the boys and all! I hope they're doing good, and know I'm happy out here. I love hearin about what the bros are up to! Britt, that dance looks fun. She looks like a cutie! Mom, I'd love for ya'll to come pick me up!! Is there any way we could go to New York again too and see those sites?? 

Stuff that happened this week . . . it was bike week and my brakes were broken, and an older guy we were talking to on the street said he called himself the "neighborhood fixer upper" and said he could fix it. We brought it into his garage, in which the toxic fumes let us know he was definitely on crack. We decided, eh, well he couldn't make it any worse. (Lol) He worked on it for a solid minute, and managed to clamp the brake with pliers and snap them in half, braking it even more. Why thank you kind sir. Also, this week we helped these awesome members, the Wilkes, put up some Christmas lights. Makes me sad we never went all out with lights haha!

Went on exchanges with the District leader and met with Jesus and Roberto M. Roberto is 18 and was just baptized. He has an awesome testimony. We were able to go through and teach them the lessons for a second time. We taught lesson three, the gospel of Jesus Christ. We then ate lunch with John Davies, the organist of the COC! 

Bowling poses!
Our investigator Matt B. is RLDS, and we had awesome lesson with him. He really is progressing super well! We are helping him gain of testimony of prophets and apostles! We brought this sweet kid Dallan C. with us, who's about to go to Raynosa Mexico on his mission, and he was able to come out of his shell a bit and bear a strong testimony of the Savior at the end. It was AWESOME. 

My testimony is growing every single day. I am learning so many things about myself. It's tough, and so rewarding all at the same time. 
Love y'all! 

- Elder Townsend
Sent from Zion

No comments:

Post a Comment