Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Letter #36 from Tanner . . . SWEET members everywhere!

Hellooooo!

Mom, I got your package!!! It made my day, thank you. I'm jealous I
can't be with y'all on vacation!! This week was good, but tough. Reber
and I were on bikes this week, and biked over 15 miles a day, visiting
everyone we could in the area book, and talking on the street with a
ton of people. We laugh and generally have a good time doing it, and
the weather has been amazing this week... So many people in Missouri
are just kinda rude haha! Like it's honestly rare these days to run
into someone who treats us like actual human beings and show any hint
of kindness, and not annoying salesman. It's hard not to feel down
after a long day of work with no success. But that's mission life out
here. Still trying to get used to it.

We did some service just about every day this week. We picked up tons of giant, rotten walnuts (see video here) off this lady with cancer's yard, we laid some bricks in a members garden, planted some flowers, moved some fat TV's, "raked 1 billion leaves" (See the video here), and helped cut down a tree. I'll attach some pics and vids we took there! :)

So, our teaching pool is almost non existent. Work is TOUGH these days. Our super solid dude Ryan just now wants us to come over to 'help' us really get on the right path. (He wants to bible bash) He says he feels bad that we've been led astray in this religion...

We visited a part member family where the wife is an inactive member, and the husband is an RLDS dude. They're so sweet! We have been meeting with them a bunch, and teaching him the lessons. We've been visiting active and less active member's homes during the evening and getting to know them, and sharing spiritual messages with them. We've had some pretty awesome spiritual moments with some of these peeps. One of my favorite things about the mission is seeing how there's just sweet members EVERYWHERE you go in the world.

This week at district meeting, I gave a training on the story of Christ asking Peter three times, lovest thou me? I love it. Go watch the Bible video, Feed My Sheep.

I love you all, until next weeeeeek.

- Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment