Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Week #5 . . . It's a roller coaster out there!

Hey Everybody! 
I'm doing alright! This week was good. We got two new investigators!
How does one month feel? Well ... it feels like I got a lot of months left! Haha the weeks go by pretty fast tho. 

Cutest little gal in their ward who "wanted a pic" !
I've been getting closer to God everyday. I've been reading a lot of Book of Mormon lately. I'm at Alma 29. Alma is amazing. That book is so true. It amazes me more and more every time I read it. The hardest times here (and there are a lot of hard times) are when the spirit isn't with me. I get down on myself, I wonder what I'm doing out here. Then I get back in the spirit, and feel peaceful with everything, immediately. It's a flippin roller coaster. Up and down spiritually every day. Yet I've seen that the things I have the strongest testimonies about are the things that I'm so bad at. Because I empathize with people who are the same way. Every time I share a message, I testify all we need to do is try to just get back in the spirit. I'm so bad at it, so I become good at understanding it. So many people out here struggle with their testimonies, and get shaken up by the littlest things. Yet they haven't read the Book of Mormon with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Which would immediately humble them like they've never been humbled. I would not be here if this church didn't have the Book of Mormon. If I was a Catholic, I wouldn't give two years to a my church because it's just a 'good' organization. I wouldn't be a Mormon missionary if there was no Book of Mormon. Although I may just because I love God, the Book of Mormon has created and built my love for God. This gospel is real. 100% real. So I am here, and am staying. For the Savior! Nobody else.
Love, 
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment