Monday, March 14, 2016

Week #4 in the mission . . Birthday week!

"Oh Hey Mom!"(In funny Hey mom voice and face I do) 


Thank you so much for the packages!!! My birthday was great! I forgot about it until that morning when Sister (I think he meant to say Sister Moore here) came down and gave me a package. Haha. Yeah I got both of them. (I only sent one package, so not sure what other package he is referring here?) Thanks so much! The emails made my day. Also I hung up the pic of Grandma on my wall. :) (I told him Grandma Merrilee is his guardian angel while he is on his mission!)


Things are good. We are teaching that family that sent you the baby pic. She is an inactive member, and he isn't a member. It's going well. Haha yeah everyone is like lemme take a pic of you so I can send it to your mom!! It's funny. 
We heard from Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Twelve. It was cool. We all got to shake his hand. On his way out we were all standing up in respect, and he was just waving to everyone. I was sitting right next to the door on the end of the row. As he passed me, he grabbed my arm, patted my back and winked at me. No big deal. 😏 I'm never washing my body again.
Conference hearing Elder Stevenson speak, March 12th
Miss all you guys. Send pics of all my bros together, I wanna see how big everyone is getting. How are they liking school, student gov? Little boys, send me the details on the Warriors record and anything crazy Steph is doing. Also let me know when Spence gets more than peach fuzz under his arms, and when his voice starts to drop.... 😱



Ahhhh that vid you sent me of Claire ... I have watched it 100 times. Send me all the cute ones from the past, and all future new cute ones. Those things get me through the day!! For sure just send the video file through email, so I can download it straight from there, not a YouTube link. We can't get on YouTube here. 




This is Tanner's response when I asked him how it was going having to do all his own wash and cooking and cleaning etc, and how he was getting along with his trainer . . . 
It's good. Easy. Yeah I've been switching out everything but my suit... I'll start wearing the other one. A lot of times I'll accidentally wake up like 30 minutes late, and he's already dressed and everything. He's too nice to wake me up 'early.' Haha I'll get better at that. Elder Amosa is an awesome missionary, and he's exactly obedient, but is still able to be himself. You CAN be obedient without having a stick up your butt ladies and gents!! 🙌🏻
In Tanner's apartment with a few more elders!



I heard the family that lives upstairs had a missionary come home. What is he like?  

His name is Landon Moore. He is a stud. He's a lot like Jake. He had an awesome homecoming talk. It was his testimony of obedience. As he and the apostle both talked about that, I am slowly starting to gain a true testimony of obedience. That is something I didn't have before coming out here, but I'm slowly learning it here. 
Yesterday my testimony of Joseph Smith grew so much. Nothing big happened but I just got reading the testimonies of Joseph Smith from past prophets, and I read the essay on the church website of how the Book of Mormon was translated, and I also read Joseph Smith history yesterday. I just did a lot of thinking about it. It really is such a miracle. It is so true, and that story is an example of how real and powerful prayer can be. Prayer is so easy to take for granted. 
We hear Parker, the 17 year old playing piano every night. He's super good. I go up there every once in a while and sit and listen to him and talk to their awesome family. Yeah I am enjoying having a nice place to stay, but at the same time, the missionaries throughout the mission all claim we are in the hardest area. There are lots of doctors and lawyers here, and lots of hard hearts in these rich parts of town. We can't even knock doors in any of the neighborhoods near our house because people will, and have, called the cops on missionaries. But I don't let anyone's opinion shape mine. There are people everywhere that need the gospel ya know?!?! I will probably be here another transfer with Elder Amosa by the way, (so I hear...)
With recently returned missionary, Elder Hamrick!
Well I hadn't heard from many people until those birthday emails. Lately I've heard from Chandler and Coleman and some friends, and I was super excited to hear from Manda Heaps too!! She's so sweet to everyone. Miss her! She's gonna be a great missionary. 
There haven't been many downers! Me and Elder Amosa get along great. We sing lots of songs and sing glorious harmonies while we are going to sleep, while we eat, while we vacuum, while we ride our bikes, etc. (We switch off with bikes and a car every week) Hahahaha His voice is seriously perfect, most the time I just stay quiet and listen, it's so beautiful. We are going to put together a hymn to sing soon.🙏🏻



Thanks and love you. Just send infinity more videos of Claire please. 💕
Love you so much!  ❤
- Elder Tan Man 

No comments:

Post a Comment