Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Great first week in Kansas! #3

March 7th, 2016 . . . . First letter from the Mission Field . . . Leawood, Kansas . . . 



Elder Amosa, Tan, Laura and Scott Neiderhauser
Hey All!
Things are great here. Elder Amosa and I get along so well. He has an amazing voice!! Like for reals amazing... We are in the Redbridge Ward in Leawood, Kansas. The house we are staying in is the nicest in the mission field. It's a multi million dollar house ... We're so lucky haha. We live in the basement. There's a 78 inch flat screen down there. The Moore's are the family we are staying with. They have a 17 year old who is a lot like I was -- kind of going through a hard stage when it comes to going to church and stuff. He is super good at piano too. I just sit and listen to him and we get along.
Mission office on the day of arrival?


Also, we went to the Neiderhausers for dinner, and the mother went to Highland High, and was in your stake growing up, Mom! She freaked out when she heard I was Matt and Mardi's son. I'll send a pic. 

Sunday was really cool. The bishop had me share my testimony in Sacrament. I basically just gave a short version of my farewell talk. It was really cool. A lady came up to me in the hall and broke down, saying how her son has fallen away from the church, and my testimony struck a chord with her. I talked to her for probably ten minutes and comforted her about her inactive husband and son, telling her their conversion will happen in the Lord's time. 

Elder Amosa has been here in Leawood for 6 months, and I've been lucky enough to to see a couple cool experiences already that he hasn't seen his whole mission. It's been great here.



Tanner and trainer, Elder Amosa at their new abode
The iPads are great. We don't ever have wifi besides being in a restaurant or a church tho. I've only played the Moore's piano twice. We have gone to the relief society room and jammed a couple times tho. Elder Amosa is so chill. It's been great. Mom, I would just send my package to where we are living. I hear if u send it to the office it'll take a lot longer.

Brenden Bytheway is visiting his bro here! We are meeting up for dinner tonight. So awesome!! (photos below)

That's awesome to hear about dad and the boys. Sounds like a busy time. Love and miss all of you!! 

Ahhhh Claire looks so big!! I miss her squishy face. Send me so many pics and cute vids!

XOXOXO

Elder Townsend

I'm assuming this is the AP's with the newbies!
 
At Applebees with Brenden, March 7, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment