Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Letter #64 . . . transferred, new comp, grave sites and more!

Hi All,

Said goodbye to Maryville this week! Sad Griffiths and I had to
finally part ways. Haha we're pals! 


Tanner and new comp, Elder Anderson from Layton!
Elder Anderson is my new companion. He's sweet and a super awesome dude. Super hard worker and is an awesome missionary. I'm in the Whitmer Ward in Excelsior Springs, Missouri. I'm still in the same zone/stake that I was in. The Far West Stake! Whitmer has a lot of sweet church history here! Richmond Missouri is where most of it's at. It's in our area! Oliver Cowdery, Martin Harris, David Whitmer, and 5 other people that were one of the 8 witnesses are all buried here. We visited their graves! We also visited the site where Joseph Smith rebuked the guards in a temporary prison in Richmond. This place is awesome!! I'll attach pics! (See below)
 
It's been funny, I've had like 3 families freak out right when they 
saw my name tag, asked if I was Matt Townsend's son, and they said
they know you or know of you!! You're a celebrity out here paps! 
One of them who've taken your classes about 6 years ago and read 
your books . . names are Brady and Hillary P. The other two didn't 
know you personally.
And another of Tanner and Elder Anderson!

Other cool things in the week . . . worked on a farm for the first time! Haha I guess we'll do a lot of that up here. We made a chicken coop! We have a recent convert in our area who is seriously one of the best musicians I've ever met. He sings country and is amazing at the guitar. I'll send a vid, but do not post it or show anyone because it's a song he wrote for a girl, and she doesn't know about it yet!! ;)
We went to the mushroom festival and talked to a ton of people! Yes, people are obsessed with mushrooms here. Haha Our ward is awesome. Our ward mission leader is AMAZING! I bore 

my testimony in Sacrament Meeting! We started teaching a girl named 
Ashlee! She is super solid and is super prepared. I'll keep you updated 
with her! 

Well hope ya know, things are great out here!  I love the Whitmer Ward! 
Life is good! :)


Love,
Elder Townsend







No comments:

Post a Comment