Monday, December 12, 2016

Letter #43 . . . Nativities and Caroling!

Hello!

Some highlights of the week . . . finished the Book of Mormon again!
Seriously, the happiest moments of my life have been when I finish
reading that book. It's true!! It's so so so true! So much peace can
come into life by reading that book. 


Week #43 in Independence

It snowed for the first time, I'm loving my winter jacket!! It's so cold now!
Our Stake President had a big event/dinner for missionary dinner, and I sang Silent night there! I'm also playin and singin at a zone conference coming up. President Cato shared his conversion story. He was pretty high up in the RLDS church and then joined our church!! It was so awesome. We have an appointment scheduled with our RLDS investigator Matt this week, and President Cato is coming! 


We finally talked to this solid lady in our area book named Beth! She 
is super open to the church, has a few Mormon friends and is really 
interested in learning! The only problem is, her father in law still lives 
with them, he is on hospice right now, but is extremely anti Mormon 
and they are waiting for him to pass before she starts the lessons... It's 
sad. Haha we don't know what to do tho!! I'm not sure how I feel about 
praying that somebody will die... 😭 We'll see what ends up happening haha!


Joseph Smith's grandson's grave stone!
We got some sweet Christmas ties and we're wearing them every day this month. The missionaries in our ward have been dropping off pieces of nativity sets every day this week to our investigators and less actives we are working with! The whole ward has been involved, and the last day we delivered the last piece, baby Jesus, and a ton of people from the ward came and sang some songs on their door step. It was pretty sweet! Nativity and caroling.

Mom, no I haven't gotten sick much out here. I've been lucky! But I feel like I will this December because a bunch of sickness is going around everywhere! 


I really don't need that much stuff Mom. Maybe just a sweatshirt.. don't worry about sending tons of stuff! I'll be happy with anything.

Love you!


Elder Townsend 

PS. Here a few videos that Tanner sent this week . . . click on the links below.
1. Having a little fun while serving! in the fall leaves
2. Elder Reber taking requests

Joseph Smith's grandson was the former prophet of the RLDS church

No comments:

Post a Comment