Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Letter #42 . . . life is good out here in ol' Misery!

Hey fam!

This week has flown by! Reber and I have been on bike week this week!
It's gotten super chilly outside, so we whipped out the big winter
jackets for the first time! We have been raking people's leaves in the
morning, and hauling around these giant rakes on our bikes. We look
pretty special haha... We are trying hard to find some new people to
teach. We've tried every potential in the Area book and haven't seen
much success. We are trying harder to find by the spirit! We met a lot
of cool people this last week. One dude we talked to named Tony that
looked like Lil' Wayne, and owns a studio.  Pretty sure we bout to
convert Lil Wayne nbd... We've also been running into quite a few RLDS
people, and it's really tough with them, because you basically have to
throw out half of preach my gospel because they ALREADY believe in the
Book of Mormon and Restoration.  They just don't see the importance of
a Prophet and Apostles with proper priesthood authority leading a
church. It's definitely one of the difficult aspects the Independence
mission has to offer.  We're having our Stake President come out with
us on one of the lessons to this Matt Boyd guy we're teaching.
President is a former RLDS member and is willing to drop everything
for missionaries!

We also had a cool experience with a less active named Lori who's been
less active for 20 years. We knocked on her door and she was nice but not
very interested. She closed the door and as we got back on our bikes
to ride away, she came running out and asked if we actually had time
right then to share a message with her and her husband! We shared the
Light The World video and testified of the peace that's come in our
lives from turning to our loving Heavenly Father. It was a rare
experience! I've never had someone do that.

Time is weird thing... I can't believe it's December already! Time
flies a lot faster when you're working hard and trying to push
yourself. I feel like I've been doing that these last few transfers
especially! I'm growing a lot spiritually! Life is good out here in
ol' Misery.'

Independence Visitor's Center


On Saturday, I was asked to play 5 songs for the Christmas Musical Night at the Independence Visitor's Center! It was me and another sister that played songs! I played Come Thou Fount, Glorious, Silent Night, Be Still My Soul, and Mary Did You Know! Just sang two of them. There was an awesome turn out of about 100 people. Reber cheers me on . . he's schweeet!!
Click here to hear Silent Night!
Click here to hear Be Still My Soul!

The fam is looking good! Everyone's gettin big! Britt, miss you bro. You look bigger than me!! Josh, your basketball vid is sweet. You've got perfect shooting form man. ;) Claire is getting more and more adorable! Sarah and Brade your killing it, keep it up with all you're doing! Jake luv you man, I'm sorry I haven't responded to you. I will. I want to send u back something good! I'm jealous y'all went to the Jazz game! Dad I'm hoping the new website turns out awesome!
Mama I luv you lots.

Till next week.

- Tan

I don't really have many photos from this week. The vids that bishop
sent can count for those!! :)

Sent from Zion

No comments:

Post a Comment