Monday, April 11, 2016

Week #7 . . . first General Conference in the field!

April 4, 2106
 
Hey All!

Pretty jealous you all are in St. George without me. Don't have too much fun ....☺️ hope all is well and everyone's happy. I miss everyone.


Elder Amosa and Tanner singing for Bishop Schow and family
Me and Elder Amosa sing a hymn everyday we have dinner with the members as part of our spiritual message. My go to message to share
has been the Testimony of The Book of Mormon by Jeffrey R. Holland Mormon message. It is so powerful. One of my favorite Mormon Messages.

We had our meetings with President and Sister Vest last week. They went great. I love them.

We got a new investigator named Shawn Chestnut. His wife is a member, she was the one I talked about toward the beginning of the month in my journal entry about the lady that came up to me in the hall after my testimony. This guy is rare, he is so humble, and the best thing is, the more content and info you give him, the stronger his testimony gets. He is a sponge. He read the Book of Mormon on his own before we ever met him, loves it, and agreed to take the discussions. Our ward mission leader set that all up. We did the first lesson last week, and we have another one tomorrow. He is also is reading two Joseph Smith Biographies, and according to his wife, can't stop talking about how cool Joseph Smith is. He also watched conference yesterday!☺️


Lunch between Saturday conference sessions?
Conference was really good. There were a ton of good talks. Uchtdorf, Mervyn Arnold, Steven Owen, Eyring, and many many more. I really liked the topics this year. My favorite was Holland. I love every apostle equally. Yet Jeffrey R. Holland has a keen understanding and different level of sensitivity to the specific, complicated emotions and feelings toward the gospel that a lot of members of the church have. His talks always address and ease my complicated mind more than anyone else. His talk was one of the most vulnerable, sensitive, simple, and powerful talks I've ever heard. It's been on my mind since, and addressed so many things I have been thinking about. Dad, there were a lot of mind-body-spirit talks this conference you probably loved. I like how Holland talked about how we get back into our minds so easily after spiritual highs. The advice, and comfort he gave to help was awesome. "The number one law of heaven is to love God with all your heart, might, and strength. But the number one TRUTH we tend to forget is God loves US with all HIS heart, might, and strength always, and he wants you to be happy."

Keep reading the Book of Mormon. Love you all.

- Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment