Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Letter #9 from Elder Tan Man in Kansas . . . a funeral?

Hey all!

I've been out here two months. It seems like just about two months
haha. Not longer or shorter.

Elder Townsend and Elder Amosa

Transfers are this week. We don't know who is going where until Thursday tho. I hope I stay with Elder Amosa another transfer just cause we get along well, and have fun along the way. 

Most of the work is less actives, or referrals, a lot of faulty referrals. This area is really hard. It's known as the hardest area in the mission. And Sister Moore said it teaches missionaries patience, long suffering etc. haha.


We had an awesome lesson with Shawn last week, our best one yet. We did a lot of testifying, which brought the spirit a lot. He is getting to the point where he can say that this is the true church. We are taking it slow and steady with him. I'll let you know how things go with him. My favorite thing to do out here is have a spirit filled lesson with someone, and see the gospel changing them, and seeing someone develop a testimony of the perfect Book of Mormon. The most dreadful part to get through are the times when we aren't 

working as hard as we should be. Then I start feeling anxious 
about how long I'm going to be out here.
District lunch at the Moore's

We have district meetings every Wednesday. Me and Amosa have done a few musical numbers for those. Our district leader is leaving in a few days to go home, so we had a funeral for him. Hahah I'll send you the
video. There are some cool people out here, that pic u saw was of some of them in our district, and our district leader eating at our place.

 

President and Sister Vest are just nice great people. He knows I play music, and always is encouraging me to sing in sacrament. WHICH WE DID YESTERDAY! We sang "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go". I'll attach the
video. Sister Moore played the piano.

"Funeral" for Elder Midgley going home this week!

I'll let you know when I need more clothes, I'm good for now. Please send lots more Claire videos. Love you lots.

 

The sacrament singing is too long to send, but I know how. I will send it to you this week.
 

- Tan

PS. Click here for Video of funeral services for Elder Midgley going home! :)


Leawood, Kansas

No comments:

Post a Comment