Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Letter #82 . . . new comp, new area, new calling and Elder Christofferson!

Brief update . . . 

 I left Whitmer, left Elder Fallon, and am now serving with Elder Sandkamp! I'm super excited. He's from Minnesota. He's deaf in his right ear and is an ASL missionary! He's awesome. We're Zone leaders in the Liberty Stake and double covering two areas, North Kansas City Ward and Shoal Creek Valley Ward! Some cool stuff! There are lots of young couples in our area! The temple and mission home are in our area too! 

Elder Christofferson came and spoke to us at an all mission conference! We got to shake his hand! I sang "Lord I Would Follow Thee" with a little missionary choir of about 16 people at the conference! Elder Christofferson is such a spiritual giant. I loved that conference. I loved his testimony of the Book of Mormon. That's probably what stood out the most was his emphasis he put on the Book of Mormon. He said if that is true, it's all true, and that we don't need to do the convincing, because the Book of Mormon will do it and stand all on its own... Got to see the new mission home! It used to be in Raytown, now it's in Liberty! 

I'm in 3rd Nephi 23 in my BOM study. Lovin it!

- Elder Townsend 


New comp, Elder Sandkamp from Minnesota

All zone conference with Elder Christofferson!

Saying goodbye to Bruce Dunlop . . . helped him on his farm!

Saying goodbye to the Bridges . . . "most amazing people ever!"

Bishop Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment