Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Letter #53 . . . finding dumb ways to have fun!

Hey fam and friends! 

Thanks for the family update, and thanks for that package
mom, I loved it. Lots of people are complimenting on that red tie! 

We ate at a nice Chinese restaurant, so I guess you could say that's my 
hump day celebration. 
Sporting his new "hump day" tie!
  

There's been a huge warm streak going on here! We've been in the lower 70's randomly all week! I'm pumped for Missouri to start looking pretty again . . everything is yellow. It's flipping beautiful here when it's not yellow. I didn't realize how desert-y Utah is until I got here and saw SO MUCH GREEN!

Griffiths and I play basketball in the mornings every day. We've probably played a million games of "horse." Except we change the word we play with every time hahah. We both "own" like 20 different words. Recently we played "ouch" and "sore" because we could barely lift our arms to shoot because we were sore from working out. Missionaries have to find dumb ways to have fun OK, don't judge. 😂


All the lessons we have with our "teenage girl" investigators are in public, like at the college. That's the rule, just be in public with them haha. Taylor, our most progressing investigator has been sick last week.. so we will meet with her this week. We taught Jacinda at the college this week and is not really interested in progressing. We had an interesting conversation to say the least. Don't want to get into details, but let's just say she let us know she doesn't believe in just one God, and has the hots for the god Poseidon...? We walked around the campus a bit, and met two people that asked us a bunch of questions and want to meet in the future. Being on the campus made us realize we're not very excited for college. :)



Another "dumb" way to have fun! :)
I've been out one year, craziness. I thought I'd feel a lot cooler being out a year, but I don't. Haha I feel like the same old Tan. Am I supposed to have changed more at this point?! I guess I'm changing, but just don't realize it... My testimony of the Book of Mormon and my attitude toward being a part of this Gospel sticks out as something that's changed a lot out here. I know I say this every week, but I love that Book. It's more than a book . . it shows us how to be happy in this life, and shows us the Reason that's possible.


Much luv,


- Tan


PS. Trying to look cute with our middle parted hair 😂


No comments:

Post a Comment